Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Surprise for Dirk - Panic Attack for Libba

(Note: All these photos are courtesy of Tim & Liz, mine are saved on the macdaddy computer and I'm currently using the laptop and too lazy to go downstairs and blog and would rather use the laptop while watching reruns of "The Hills" and how f-ing crazy are Spencer and Heidi?!)

On Sunday Aimee & Jorge hosted a surprise Stock the Bar party for Dirk. And I had a panic attack. Because Dirk and I don't keep secrets. In fact, they just usually come spewing out of our mouths as soon as we've heard or seen or know something that we should keep from the other person. So getting him there and keeping my mouth shut over the past almost two months of knowing about this was really hard. So when I finally got him there and it was time for the surprise I was shaking and my heart was pounding and I went straight for the margarita dispenser.

Dirk was very surprised. He's never had a party hosted in his honor (which is one reason why writing the checks for our wedding has been so difficult for him) let alone a surprise party. His family and friends all showed up with booze and he was silly stupid smiley the whole party.
He was also impressed by my surprise party secret keeping abilities.
I've relaxed a little bit by this point.
I think we need to have a party! You are all invited!
Special shout out to Liz, who has been an amazing asset over our engagement. Not only has she designed all of our wedding stationery, but she even designed the Surprise Party invitations for Aimee. So very sweet, she is!

Okay, so yeah, the big day is just days away. In fact, if I had a calculator I could probably count the hours, but I'm too scattered right now to do that. My head is in eleventy billion different places right now but I am SO very excited for this weekend. Almost all the details have been taken care of, and now I'm just biding my time 'til noon when my parents arrive and the madness ensues. The only thing I'm super nervous about at this point is whether or not my dress will zip. See, it fits to a T. No room for error. So I've been super careful the past week, but when my mama is in Birmingham it's a nonstop eat/drinkfest. How many cheese curls and cookies and wine can we possibly consume over the course of one tiny person's visit? You'd be surprised. So yeah, salads and water for this broad for the next few days. Everyone cross your fingers or I'll be heading to the store to drop $75 on Spanx.

1 comment:

leynahanson. said...

Cannot wait to hear the details & see photos my friend! Very regretful I wasn't able to make it, but I am sure it was the best time ever! Heidi & Spencer make me violent. Kudos on the bar stock party!