Last weekend, I styled and organized a photoshoot for a publication based out of Alabama. I won't disclose the name here because my relationship as a freelancer for them is still very very very new, but I had fun finding models, dressing models, directing models, making signs, and finding the perfect location. I'm not so sure the location was perfect for our intent and purpose, but if you were a hitch hiker, you'd definitely get picked up on this road. It wasn't the safest of locations for a photographer, either, since I spent the majority of my time shooting from the road and having to run off as a car would crest the hill behind me (this was a 60mph 4-lane hwy.) But the trees! It was all about the trees for me, and worth risking my life for a handful of great shots, one of which may be gracing the cover of a magazine (this will be my second ever magazine COVER, although my photos have appeared in numerous publications over the years.)
So here's a preview:



As we were loading our stuff back into my car, a police officer pulled up behind us. "We got a call that some lovely ladies may be in trouble out here on the highway, I just wanted to check on y'all." This is why I'm glad I live in Irondale and not the city of Birmingham. The police officers respond to calls from damsels in distress, rather than hanging up on them (I actually had that happen one time in a not very safe section of town when I called the police to open the door to my car after I locked the keys in it - in the rain.)
Special shout out to my models, Mary Claire & Aimee!
3 comments:
Once again, you are amazing. And famous. :) Love these shots! Hope to see one gracing the covers....
Nice work! And a COVER? I will need an autographed copy!
What fun....and love your shots!! Looking forward to your COVER!!
Post a Comment