Monday, April 21, 2008

Buddha Baby & Earthbound on Earth Day

Sipsey says: Happy ARF Day!

What an amazing weekend! First of all, my niece could not be a sweeter child. Sleeping and pooping are pretty much all she does. The only time she fussed is after the eleventy billionth picture taken outside. Brooke posted more on the weekend on her blog:
Famous Amys so you can check that out for more on my trip to Asheville, although I will post a photo that Brooke didn't; Taylor giving Chris the stinkeye. Yes, even with all her zen, there is some sass. Just wait. click here for more pictures of Taylor
When I returned to Birmingham, I met up with Dirk and the dawgs (Aimee and Jorge's pup Emma spent the weekend with us while they were at the beach) at George Ward Park to celebrate Earth Day with all the other tree huggers. Earthbound is a local band who sounds remarkably like the Grateful Dead, and the crowd is very similar to that found at Dead shows (minus the acid trips.) From babies and toddlers to adolescents and teens, 20 and 30-somethings to 50 and 60-somethings, everyone and their dog was there (literally, I think the dog to person ratio was 1:5.) It was a beautiful day and great to get outside and hear some music. So happy Earth Day everyone! Go plant a tree.Isn't Dirk the cutest thing EVER?!

1 comment:

Elaine Warner said...

Definitely cute baby. Is Sipsey hitting the bottle??? Love the sleeping with the ball pic. See you soon.