Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Vail Village

Although a little hoity-toity (in Collins's words) it was my first time in a ski town, and it was so much fun!  All the pedestrians on the street are all decked up in their ski gear, and they all migrate towards the lift.  Vail Village itself is idyllic, with cobblestone streets, clock towers, a covered bridge (crossing Gore Creek), tons of restaurants, boutiques, and outdoor gear stores.
  
They also have a series of bronzes of famous folks like Einstein, Monet, Shakespeare, Sakajawea, etc.  We had lunch and margaritas at Los Amigos, where you can watch the skiiers come down the side of the mountain.  Fun little town!

2 comments:

Paige said...

Hi Miss Libba! I love reading your comments on my blog! How fun is your life?! Vail is one of my favorite vacation spots from my childhood and I would gladly go back! The glass sculpture in Indy is pretty cool! I was trying to remember if it had been there since I was little...do you know how long it has been there? It was familiar but I wasn't positive. I imagine I will see you soon to meet the new addition to your family:) Thank you for being you!

Meghann Whitmer said...

Loving you with Einstein. Looks like you are chillin and all you need is a few beers!