Sunday, September 14, 2008

pickin' and a grinnin'

I've spent the weekend with my five-year-old friend, Goodwin. I started babysitting for Goodwin's family when I moved to Birmingham five years ago (he was four months old.) I went to work at St. Luke's preschool and Goodwin was in my class two of the three years I was there. I've continued to sit for his family at LEAST once a week for the entire time, so G is pretty much a huge part of my life. And I am so thankful. Cause he is such a cool kid. His current favorite past-time is music. He has numerous toy guitars, and recently got a mandolin and a banjo. This kid performs concerts for me with songs he makes up on the spot. He rattles on about John, Paul, George, and Ringo, and how sad he is that Jerry died. Yesterday after a trip to the zoo, we headed to my house, so he could pick on the item that makes me the "cool" babysitter. My bamjo.

2 comments:

Jess said...

He looks like such a neat kid. I wanted to let you know that I have been thinking of your recent change. Hang in there and take care of numero uno - you! Life brings us unexpected changes that we learn to roll with and love!

~Amy~ said...

These pictures are phenomenal! He is adorable and is so lucky to have you in his life since almost day 1!! Your talent is unremarkable and I love looking at your pictures! Take care!