Thursday, September 4, 2008

rounding off a fun summer...

We started out the summer by spending Memorial Day Weekend at Lay Lake with our friends Aimee and Jorge, and we ended up the summer spending Labor Day weekend at the same lake and house with most of the same people. Except Dirk didn't drink a bottle of Maker's Mark and I didn't spend an entire night taking care of him. Which was fabulous.We celebrated Aimee's birthday, ate tons and tons of yummy food, drank caparini's to our heart's content, swam, slept, and kept a close watch on Gustav, which was heading straight towards Aimee and Katie's family's home in Franklin, Louisiana. Thankfully Dirk had brought bunny ears for the television (God forbid he miss the first Alabama game of the season!) I have to hand it to him, though, ever since he bought ME a plasma television in December (just what I wanted, right?) he has been counting down the days to Alabama football. He was even going to stay at home and drive down separately after the game, but the antenna was the wise decision. Plus, it enabled us to get hurricane coverage in an otherwise remote area (no cell phone service.)One must never forget one's alcoholic beverage when floating around the lake.
We all enjoyed watching our two lesbian dogs make out.
Sipsey and I floated around on the raft....someone failed to tell me that sunscreen EXPIRES (I blame my mother)! I applied 30spf TWICE that day and STILL got a horrible burn!
Enjoying the sunset on the dock.

4 comments:

MoCos said...

wherever you are at that looks incredibly beautiful!!! We had a nice hot labor day here... At least the end of summer means the beginning of football. GO HAWKS!!

Famous Amys said...

Laughed out loud at the Makers Mark comment. It reminded me of Chris and his Crown Royal glory-days.

Fabu pictures. You look gorgeous in the last one!

Love - Brooke

Jess said...

Those were beautiful pics - especially loved the creativity of the Michelob Ultra - how clever.
Who is Dirk? Fill me in.
I LOVED your dream involving my family - for some reason I read my blog during school lunch break and laughed so loudly that I should have been fired for blogging during work! :)

Little 'Nemos said...

Love the dogs making out!
How is your burn doing?