Not much to write about this past week. Gosh, I promise my life is not THAT boring, just nothing blogworthy really going on :-)

Things are blooming all over Birmingham, reminding me why I love this state in the springtime!

Mama asked me yesterday how Sipsey was doing.....I guess I spend a lot of time talking about how cute and sweet Piper is! Sipsey spends her days lounging on the furniture, reminding Piper that she is still, indeed, the queen. When we are not hiking, swimming, walking, or visiting her friends at the dog park, Sipsey has a huge chip on her shoulder, and we get annoyed looks at least eleventy billion times a day. So, if you're not going to pet Sipsey, just leave her alone!

It is so much fun witnessing the world through Piper's eyes! This photo was taken when she was afraid of some balloons attached to a mailbox for a little kid's birthday or something. At first she was scared, then she just plopped down and watched them sway and bob in the breeze. Ah, the simple things in life! It's like experiencing the world anew every time we step outside the door! She's a sweet little pup, and I've been taking her to visit Parker to get "kid socialization." At the dog park the other day she played with an 18-month-old and did not knock her over once :-) She is SO good at sitting on command, and will sit even when you do not tell her too (before she gets her food, before you put down the water dish, before you open the doggy door.) Good girl!

Oh, and I got a haircut. I've just been needing a change lately. I guess it's the whole spring thing....Dirk asked me to cut it. He has this thing for my neck....weird, right? And, as he says, I tell him how to cut his hair, so he should be allowed to tell me how to cut mine (?!) Hair advice is NOT a two-way street. So I told him I was just getting a trim, then I cut 5 inches and showed up at his office. I wish I'd had a camera to capture his expression then. So cute! Anyway, I've gotten a lot of compliments and even had some guys at work tell me I looked 22, which I suppose is a compliment? Or maybe they were just flirting. Ha!
6 comments:
LOVE your new do... your face is meant for short hair. Good angles. Can you tell I've been watching an ANTM marathon on Oxygen today? Fierce.
I totally recognize that look Sipsey's giving you... it's the same look Ruby gives me everyday since bringing home baby-T.
Miss you!
Very cute haircut! By the way, since my Mom found out that Meg is on Facebook, she is highly considering... What have we done to our mothers????
Oooooh-I love your new hair! and your sister is right, though I can't believe that she wrote "fierce" I am in Tyra overload!
I need to take some photo-taking classes from you...I want to learn how to make the back all fuzzy...how much do you charge for advice? =) are you planning another trip back to Iowa this summer? if so let me know I really want to get back to see you- since I was robbed of time with you at the Doxtad/Vollmar wedding!
Love your haircut Libba!
Ah- Love it!! I think you look kind of like Tea Leoni in this picture(except way younger and way more gorgeous).
Post a Comment