Birmingham gets snow. And everyone FLIPS out! It sticks for a few hours, long enough for the children who see snow once a year to run outside, create "sleds" out of cardboard boxes, and build pitiful-looking snowmen. I had thought that I left the snow in Michigan, but I suppose it just had to follow me down south. And after driving in complete white-out conditions, in 18" of snow and 50mph wind gusts, driving yesterday was like a walk in the park.
The dogs LOVED playing in the snow. Piper would dig herself a hole and burrow into it. Digging, eating, even last night she came running into the house with a big ball of icy snow she'd managed to find somewhere, one last remnant of the 5 inches that blanketed everything yesterday morning.
Since I'm in a snowy mood, here's a link to photos taken during my visit to Michigan's Upper Peninsula last month:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/libbadibbado/sets/72157613963044874/
2 comments:
Cute pictures of the pups in the snow! You should really show some of those kids a real Iowa sled, you would be the coolest peron on the block.
heh. Sounds just like Seattle when it snows. The entire city comes to a standstill. But with such adorable companions, I wouldn't mind it all :)
Post a Comment