Okay, so I am officially missing Dirk's birthday for the second year in a row and I'm super bummed about it. Probably more than he is, but still. My only consolation is that I'll be returning to Birmingham early enough tomorrow that we can still go out to dinner or a movie and drink a pitcher of beers. AND, I wouldn't have found any of his fun little birthday gifts if I weren't in Arkansas right now, so there's that, too, I suppose. Anyway, Dirk and I are officially the same age, for a few short months at least I don't feel like I'm robbing the cradle. Ha!
Hope everyone is having a great week! Arkansas is rainy but beautiful. I actually love rainy spring weather, because as soon as it stops raining, everything is more lush and green than at any other time of year.
Joy!
2 comments:
What part of Arkansas. Hope you're doing the gardens near Hot Springs -- they should be lovely now. We're missing Jack's mom's birthday (96th I think) and our daughter-in-law Carolyn's. Jack's is the 11th so we'll be together. I think we're going to let him take us to our favorite Indian restaurant and pay for it for his birthday treat. Since Zoe and I are cooking vegetarian, I know he has his mouth set for lamb korma!
Sorry you had to miss Dirk's b-day. Can't wait to see your pics from Arkansas!
Post a Comment