Sunday, August 23, 2009

just for fun

Just some random photos of the past few weeks.

Piper is officially nine months old and refuses to quit growing. She's earned the nickname Hyper Piper and her energy level knows no bounds. On the plus side, Sipsey has finally realized that the monster puppy is not going anywhere and they tolerate and even like each other more and more every day.

We took a trip up to Cullman to visit Dirk's family and to attend a party where Dirk performed. It was in honor of the death of Jerry Garcia and the band played nothing but Grateful Dead tunes. While the band was setting up, the "groupies" explored the farm and surrounding fields and practiced some action shots with my 24mm lens utilizing Chap's Hyperfocal technique. This one really personifies how I've been feeling lately, and also how the country air gets to me. I feel at home barefoot in a field, I guess.

The weather was gorgeous today, 75 no humidity, a slight breeze. We logged in some deck time this afternoon. We draw straws for a place on the swing since there's no longer room for all of us.

This is another one from the Grateful Dead Dance. All the old dead heads were great to dance with (obviously!) I danced so much I was sore the next two days!

No comments: