Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Roadtrip

Okay, so we've been home a week now and things have settled into a routine enough for me to go ahead and post about the rest of our super fun summer vacation.

I like to title this one "Are We There Yet?" The pups did GREAT on the trip. They were super great at staying close by at all the rest areas and aside from some elevation sickness (experienced by the humans, too) they were wonderful. So yeah, the dogs (and we) survived a total of over 60 hours in the car and two different hotel rooms. Traveling with them was interesting because we had to discover the area we stayed in a much different way. Instead of being concerned about where we were going to eat (I take after my mother in that regard), we were more intent on finding places to run the crap out of the dogs. We found some great lakes, parks, rivers, etc., and the girls even got to walk around downtown Denver for a couple of hours one night.

We took a family photo in every state we went through (on the way out to CO, at least.) I was super glad I remembered to bring my tripod! Here is our Tennessee shot:

And our Oklahoma shot (it rained the entire way through OK!)

Mississippi

Oh, Kansas. I think it is a lovely place, by the way, and gets a bad rap because it shares a border with a state boasting snow-capped mountain peaks. If it weren't SO STINKIN LONG it would make driving through it much more tolerable.

Colorado

And last, but not least, Arkansas. We became very familiar with different states' rest areas on this road trip and I have to say, I really think Arkansas wins. For now, at least.

More posts and photos on our time spent in Fort Collins and Denver to come, friends!

1 comment:

~Juli said...

All the family pictures are great, I love the one in Colorado!