Here are some of the girls I work with. Tara is due on the 22nd and she was actually rocking stilettos last night!
After dinner a group of us headed to a local bar to listen to a band, and lo and behold! Coolio showed up! How random, right? Especially since I had just rapped the entire "Gangstas Paradise" at work last week. It's one of my favorites and when I start rapping I just can't stop.
Coolio was rocking the Fruit Loops jacket last night, and he's definitely a few dreads short of his Clueless "Slide slide Slippity Slide Days." I counted eight in all.
He rapped to the classics, and even gave a shout out to Alabama's Heisman Trophy Winner! Woo hoo! Go Ingram!
Okay, so something has been going on for over a month now that I've been hesitant to blog about JUST because there are so many hurdles to jump before anything is set in stone. Dirk and I found a house that has the potential to be our dream home. And it's in our old neighborhood, which we miss every day. It needs a LOT of work, but every week we get closer and closer to the goal.
Here is her staircase.
She was built in the 1920's in the Colonial Revival style. I refer to her as a "she" because when we had the consultants from Atlanta come out to inspect her he referred to her in the feminine and it just fits. She has so much personality, she just needs some love!
This is looking from the front door to the back. The main level has two bay windows and this huge fireplace. Upstairs there is another fireplace. All said and done there are 39 windows in this house.
Here is a view from the sidewalk. The house is a block away from the first of three parks that make up the Highland Park neighborhood. Lots of sidewalks, cool people with pets, historic homes, and eclectic restaurants. We're waiting on two bids from different contractors before we close, so keep your fingers crossed for us!
Yeah, so we're pretty much crazy, right? Planning a wedding and possibly renovating a home? And this house needs a LOT of work. New siding, new windows, new studs, new kitchen, new bathrooms, refinished woodwork, etc., etc., etc. I'll keep you all posted on progress. I'm still trying not to get too excited because we don't know for sure this is going to happen. But it's hard not to get excited about it!
10 comments:
Coolio? Are you friggin kidding me? is that fo real? Coolio.
And the house...I've been waiting for a post about this. I can see potential there with the TLC you want to give her. That would be a project and commitment that would in the end make her part of your family. L-O-V-E houses with character, and this one has it. So I am sending Oooodles of luck across the miles that she becomes yours!!
1-1-2-3-4 Get your woman on the floor
Gotta gotta get up to get down
Gotta gotta get up to get down
What up everybody so glad you're here
It's Coolio with the flow back in your ear
This ain't a fantastic voyage
But I'm still on a mission to see if I can
Get your attention
Now I want drops some information
Just a little additive to your education
I live my life by the code of the funk
600-watt AMP. 18s in the trunk
When I'm on the streets ya gotta feel my beats
So throw your hands up if you're down with the C
Double O-L-I-O with the flow
I'm lookin' for the party so let a brother know
1-2-3-4 it's like A-B-C if hip-hop didn't pay
I'd rap for free
Slide Slide but that's the past
I gotta sumpin' brand new for that ass
If ya got beef then fool eat a pork chop
Once I get it goin' ya know it don't stop
I brake like anti-locks panties drop
From hood to hood block to block
Help I need somebody
To get it goin' on in the party
Baby you can do it take your time do it right
We can drink some yak and do it all damn night
My name ain't Wanda but I'll rock your world
I get more bounce than a Jherry Curl
Too many lookie-loos be lookin' for clues
There's a party goin' on now whatcha gonna do
So grab your partner do-see-do
If you done know who it is it's Coolio
Push, push in the bush
But don't step on the toes 'cause you might get smushed
It's the brother from around the way
And what I say I'm in the corner on three like Dr. Dre
Comin' at 'em with a pattern and a fresh pair adams
I hope he don't trip, 'cause
I don't wanna have to gat 'em
So move your body, baby, drive the homies crazy
Then when you sake that ass it's always amazin'
Ain't no party like a west coast party
'Cause a west coast party don't stop
So when you see a young nigga
In a Chevy hittin' switches
Then ya gotta give a nigga his props
I got sides in my rides and motion for your ocean
Coolio got the potion to get the party open...
...yeah. =)
omg i LOVE that house...i cant wait to see how everything turns out. you should get ahold of HGTV...they will HOOK you up!
beautiful house! my only advice is don't say you will be done in a week! i made that mistake once!
Omigod that is my dream home! You bitch! I love it, love it, love it! It would be a fabulous family home and isn't it sad that people let such beautiful historic homes deplete so much! Well I hope it all goes well for you. It is a beautiful home!
Oh. My. God. I want that house. Sending lots of luck your way to get her in your name! She'd be gorgeous with the love and creativity you can give her. I am with Liz, too....get HGTV on the phone.
That is great! Coolio, too funny:)
That house is amazing. your only young once go for it! I agree call HGTV for sure!
Beautiful house! Oh my goodness, the potential... Love the pic of the fire place and the blur of Dirk (possibly?)...looks like a ghost in your new home! :) Good luck, for sure! And for selfish reasons, I really hope you get it because I can't wait to see the tranformation. And can I just say that the steps in the front lawn could possibly be THE stairway to heaven! LOVE it!
Everyone is right - BEAUTIFUL!! You lucky lady to have found such a find! And the Coolio part - awesome, too! I love that guy!
Good luck with the contractors and let us know asap if you find out anything from HGTV!
I know you are doing the cheerleading dance to Coolio Leyna, Liz, and Libba :)
What a charming house - I hope I can watch you whip it into shape on HGTV!
Post a Comment