Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend in Review

I have been squeezing way too much into my weekends since I started working full time. Seriously? I'm pulled in so many directions (a la Gumby), between friends, art, family, work, dogs, fiance, and on days like today I felt like I was about to rip apart. Where oh where is that happy medium between my work life and my life life?! Where are the extra hours in the day for me to make jewelry, edit photos, do anything other than relax after a grueling day at the office?! If any of you have ANY advice, please share! It was 5 o'clock on Sunday before I sat down and then when I did, I was confused for a moment. Like, "shouldn't I be doing something?!" I mean, I've been reading the same 400 page book since September?! Help!

So the Christmas Card photo attempt didn't go too well.

We were very nervous about the game on Saturday, or, at least Piper and I were.

Lookin' for gators

The one time a year leaving a stuffed dog toy outside can result in this in Alabama.

Our annual snowfall.

I spent Sunday making bracelets, bracelets, and more bracelets. There is nothing more rewarding to me than cleaning my house, grocery shopping, laundry, and creating something with my hands (it's just setting aside the time!) I have been super inspired to add some more bracelet designs to my etsy store, and will let you all know when they're available!

5 comments:

The Thorson Throwdown said...

Love the dogs looking for gators! Go Alabama! And the bracelets are gorgeous!

leynahanson. said...

Ummm...Christmas card photo attempt cracked me up! Haha, those doggers are great! As far as your stretched to the limits dilemma...make a list & prioritize. Sometimes when you see things written down in front of you, it's less overwhelming & make sure to cross things off once completed...sounds elementary, but it may take some of the panic away when you do have time to sit down to relax or make super cute bracelets! Love your new hands-on creations! I know that you've been back to Iowa a couple times lately...but is there a Christmas-time visit in store for you guys???...Oliver was wondering.

Stephanie said...

OH! I asked for bracelets a long time ago! And now you have a whole handful! I will be checking out your Etsy.

I don't have any profound advice to share about the busy life. But I do know this; No matter how busy work life gets, you have to carve out time for creativity. And it's hard sometimes.
But it is possible. I know this because I just finished painting a trio of canvases in my kitchen. While cranking Lucinda Williams, drinking strong coffee, and two kids either running around like crazies or trying to 'help' me mix paint colors. I still got in my groove and it feels Great!

But I know you of all people know the importance of letting your creativity out. In fact you oooze it. In a good way!!

MoCos said...

I love Piper and Sipsey's xmas card... and the alabama shirt was priceless. Looks like you are keeping busy! I hope the wedding plans are coming along, keep us all updated!

jchelstrom said...

Cute - Piper and Sipsey are ready for Santa. I will get my kids' Christmas photo attempt posted soon - I had little success.
When we are old ladies, I am sure we will wonder how the heck we ever accomplished so much at one time. But for now I am with Steph - coffee, music, and taking "me" time when possible.