Wednesday, February 24, 2010

clear to close

I've been holding on to this news for awhile now, especially after the disappointment of the historic home. I didn't want to jinx it. But we got a clear to close this afternoon and will be moving this weekend. It's weird to not put a (hopefully) behind that last sentence. Because whenever I've spoken with anyone about potentially moving I've always added a "hopefully!"

This is our new home. On an acre on a cul de sac with three other homes. There's a creek running through the front of the property and tons and tons of trees. I'm glad I got this photo because in a month from now you won't be able to see this house from the street.

It's amazing how you don't really think about boxes much 'til you're moving. I'm obsessed. Luckily I work at an office where we get a fresh shipment of boxes in every day. I even saw a box on my walk this morning on the curb and seriously contemplated whether or not I could carry it the remaining mile home. Then I had to keep myself from hopping in the car when I got back home to go and get it.

These guys have been a huge help. Ha!

So yes, this weekend is going to be crazy. Dirk is working both Friday and Saturday nights and then playing with his band from 12:00 a.m. Sunday morning 'til 7 a.m. Sunday morning. Then we have our tenant moving into our current home on Sunday. So we have to be out of our house and have it cleaned by then. Oh, and did I mention that all of our manly male friends are going to be out of town this weekend? Yes. And while the fact that my fiance thinks I'm Superwoman is a tad bit flattering, it's also a bit annoying because he believes that JUST THE TWO OF US can move ALL of our furniture in 48 hours. I foresee a lot of swearing and name-calling and I'm hoping we're still engaged when March rolls around on Monday.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my God, Libba. Without even seeing any interior pictures, let me say I LOVE this house! You have to be beyond excited. I can't even imagine how beautiful it will be to look out your windows come spring. I already want to come visit you. Congratulations.

now Girrrl. I don't care if you ARE super-woman. I'd be calling around for some professional movers. Because with Dirk's schedule for the weekend and no manlies to help...ugh. Hope you two are speaking on Monday.

Good Luck!

MoCos said...

I am so JEALOUS!! Where do you find this freaking sweet homes. Congrats to you! That place is awesome, to bad about the historic home but this house is awesome and a lot less work! Good luck with the moving. You saw how I documented Matt and I's move with only the two of us..ah the horror!! Yours might be worse because you already live in a home...good luck my friend..

jchelstrom said...

It is beautiful-it is my dream home! Ever since I was a little girl, I have been attracted to big yellow houses. I can't wait to see pictures of the interior! Congratulations!

~Juli said...

Congratulations!! How exciting. The house looks beautiful, I can't wait to see pics of the inside! Good luck moving!!!

L$ said...

congratulations! what an exciting time.

THE BODDICKER'S said...

LOVE IT! It looks so adorable!!!! Congrats to you!!! Post more pics!!!

And... check out the photos I just posted! They are all with that lens you advised me on! ;) I am in LOVE! :) Thanks again for your expertise! :) You're the best!!!!
XO!

Meghann Whitmer said...

Please do a house hunters video after you get settled...and we also must see some pics when the leaves come back:)

Little 'Nemos said...

What a pretty home!! excited for you and all your planning for the future!! Have fun moving, I will pray for no rain!