Saturday, March 13, 2010

time for creativity

So I took advantage of my pinkeye quarantine and spent some time in my hobby room. Making jewelry. It was so much fun.


A few years ago I purchased a pair of silver spiral earrings that quickly became my favorite pair of earrings to wear. Then time happened, and they became tarnished and ugly and no amount of dipping them in silver polisher crap could bring them back to their days of glory. When I first started making jewelry and working with wire, I aspired to adapting the idea of the spirals to my own meager abilities. It's taken me over a year to figure it out.
Then I remembered the chain I had left over from making Christmas present pendants, and turned the spiral earrings into an earring/necklace set. Very pleased, I am.

So yes, it took over a year to get this seemingly simple concept to materialize, but it was worth the wait, because the sense of accomplishment I felt when I put the set on is indescribable. I DID IT!

3 comments:

The Thorson Throwdown said...

Nice work-I love it!

Stephanie said...

I understand that.

Wonderful!

Scot with one 't' said...

girl, very pretty! the jewelry too ;) good job! if you ever want to set yourself up a website to sell your jewelry, let's talk.