Wednesday, September 28, 2011

30-Day Photo Challenge

With all the wedding photo editing I had going on, I was lacking motivation to continue on with my 365 photo project...enter Pinterest. I found a great 30-Day Photo Challenge to inspire me to keep on keeping on. It's been a great way to stay inspired, and also to learn some new tricks. I'm on Day 20 right now, and here are some photos from the highlight reel:

Day 8 - A Bad Habit
258/365 - a bad habit

I think texting counts.

Day 10 - A Childhood Memory
260/365 - welcome to the dollhouse

I wore my dollhouse out as a kid. I created all sorts of different dramas and scenarios that were played out here. I even made family trees for the residents and drew pictures of them, trimmed them in ric-rac and hung them up in the living room as "family portraits." The storyline of my dollhouse play closely resembled that of All My Children circa 1990. This is not my original dollhouse, that one was beyond repair, so Daddy made an exact replica.

Day 9 - Something You Love
259/365 - mojitos, anyone?

Fresh Mint For Mojitos.

I threw some mint seeds in the ground last year and now I ave a ton of mint hanging out in the backyard.

Day 12 - Sunset
262/365 - sunset

I was stressed leading up to this day's challenge, because it POURED all day long. I was thinking of sunset-colored drinks I could photograph, Sunset Streets I could find to photograph, and then, this happened. I love the Universe. Seriously. I have also been working with textures, so that's why it looks a little funky. Just something fun.

Day 14 - Eyes
264/365 - these eyes will be 91 one week from today

These eyes have been around for 91 years (tomorrow.)

Day 15 - Silhouette
'265/365

"Not naive," Conch Shell had corrected him. "He simply has not been taught to fear the things you fear." Inspired by one of my favorite books of all time, "Skinny Legs & All" by Tom Robbins.

Day 16 - Long Exposure
266/365 - what if you step out?

"But what if, either by choice or by reluctant necessity, you end up not participating in this comforting cycle of family and continuity? What if you step out? Where do you sit at the reunion? How do you mark time's passage without the fear that you've just frittered away your time on earth without being relevant? You'll need to find another purpose, another measure by which to judge whether or not you have been a successful human being. I love children, but what if I don't have any? What kind of person does that make me?" from "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert.

Day 18 - Your Shoes
268/365 - my favorite shoes

They still fit like a glove.

Day 19 - Something Orange
269/365 - cyndi lauper ears

Piper's Cyndi Lauper-style ears.

Only 10 days left of this fun challenge!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE them all! Mamma

The Thorson Throwdown said...

Is that a present photo of you in your toe shoes? If so I am beyond impressed!

MoCos said...

love all of them! that picture of your grandfather is fantastic! Matt and I have been camera shopping and I think I am deciding on the Sony a55.. The rebel was too complicated for me. I won't be doing anything fancy like you ladies, but we just both wanted a nicer camera, I will blog about it when I get it!