
Every year artists and musicians gather in Linn Park in downtown Birmingham to share their work with the rest of us. In addition to art and music, there is also carnie food (funnel cakes!) I've been visiting area art festivals since I moved to Birmingham, and it's so much fun to spot familiar pots, jewelry, paintings, metalwork. Chris Clark is an area folk artist whose work has become extremely popular in the last five years. For instance, Brooke and I purchased a piece of his for Mama's Mother's Day gift a few years back for $75. Today, his smallest paintings are going for $500!! Dirk and I took Sipsey with us, and she was the belle of the ball and got tons of attention. Luckily there are lots of fountains in Linn Park, so when her paws got hot she could cool off a bit. My favorite part of the day was when Sipsey spotted a metal cat and mistook it for a real one. She got very anxious and did not know WHAT was going on.
1 comment:
What a cute picture. Go ahead, Sipsey and give the cat a kiss!
Post a Comment