Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony

First, we all knelt and rinsed our hands in this rock.
Then, we took off our shoes and crawled through this.
We ate these sweeties before the ceremony.
Natsuko performed an intricate dance to prepare each bowl of tea.
After bowing and thanking the tea, you place it in your left hand and turn it clockwise twice.
You're supposed to finish your bowl in three and a half sips. On the last sip you can make a big slurping sound.
It was delicious!
Thank you, Natsuko!
Then I slid the door open and this is what I saw :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

libba... you DO look different. all the realigning, tea ceremonies, yoga, etc is just what you needed! i want some!!! let's seriously consider this for our girls' trip!
love you... mamma

~Juli said...

Your face is hilarious after your final sip...and the nice view you saw when you were finished is priceless. The entire experience looks amazing though. Nice job teaching Yoga as well Francie.

The Thorson Throwdown said...

Libba-I am so jealous of all of the relaxation-nice to catch up w/ your goings-on!

Famous Amys said...

You DO look totally blissed out. Groovy and blissed out.

Steve and Mary said...

Libba, Mary and I have been to Ten Thousand Waves twice last spring, and saw the other places you mentioned. Has Steph told you about TT Waves? We're going again in November, packing light.
Steve Hodapp

Stephanie said...

HAPPY BITHDAY LIBBA!!! I like Brooke's picture that she posted of the two of you. Any other old pictures to share?