Friday, November 7, 2008

A New Leaf

It was pointed out to me recently (by a friend who's artistic opinion I hold in the highest regard) that too often my photographs are based on color and composition. That to really develop as a photographer, I should pick monthly themes and try to stick to them, and I realized that this could really allow me to seek out the photographs instead of the photographs just finding me. So in my free time (and we all know I have a bit of it,) I'm going to try it out. When I'm not taking photographs for freelance, obviously. Today was Day 1 of black & white week (I just can't commit to a month with no color, babysteps!) I've also decided to stick with one lens and really learn to rock it. So it's going to be my 50mm f/1.8, and I'm excited to discover it's versatility, and to challenge myself to shoot without a zoom. Here are today's results: P.S. Click on the photos to view them larger and really witness what this lens' depth of field can do!




4 comments:

Famous Amys said...

GORGEOUS! The first & third are my favorite.

~Amy~ said...

You simply are amazing with color or black and white when it comes to photography!! I want to take lessons from you! I love to look at your posts and see your talent shine thru!!

Jess said...

Those are beautiful pics, Libba! You always capture great things! Our moms watched Sex in the City last night. I wonder if they all survived!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome !!
This is also exactly what I need. I've been too busy to take photos and an idea like this is just the thing to jumpstart my interest.

I'm too much of a sucker for color too, so I'm going to tread in your footsteps and try B/W too!

~Bala