Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Sick Puppy
It started Monday night when Piper flipped out after having to have her ears cleaned. Then yesterday she refused to eat her breakfast, which she usually devours in 30 seconds like she hasn't eaten in months, and then she started puking. Every two hours. And refused to eat anything or to play with Sipsey or to do anything besides sleep in the corner of the livingroom. Last night we were up every two hours with her vomiting, and this morning we headed to the vet as soon as they opened. We don't know anything right now, except that I'm super scared and sad to see my exuberant puppy so pitiful and hooked up to an IV! She may have ingested a foreign object or something toxic, and when they go in to spay her they can just probe around to see if anything else is in there. Poor Piper Puppy! I'll keep the blogosphere updated as I know more information. We should know more after they run bloodwork and take x-rays :( This photo of Taylor is exactly how I feel right now, except my despondency is not because my mom is making me stand in the sand and she LEFT ME HERE, but because I had to leave my sweet puppy at the vet all alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hang in there Libba! I hope they figure out what's wrong soon!
I hope all is well very soon! It is awful to have your pets feeling icky, just like a child! You are very prepared for motherhood, it sounds! Keep us posted!
Piper-roo! Sending lots of love and happy thoughts of tennis balls & treaters to B'Ham.
oh, poor baby girl! I hope she is on the mend soon. Love the picture of Taylor on the beach....
Post a Comment