Friday, June 12, 2009

Phishville

So the concert we've been looking forward to for almost six months has come and gone and it was amazing! My body is still recovering from six hours of boogeying in a confined space on a hard concrete floor, and I'm feeling super old, but whatever.
It was Brooke's first Phish show, and since she's been listening to them for years and years, it was super exciting to be there with her and watch her experience it. And yes, at one point during the night she made me laugh so hard I peed my pants a little bit.
Taylor was very excited for us, and very excited for a visit from Pamela, her super sweet babysitter, whom we talked about all day long before she showed up.
Piper has found a new best friend. I took Piper up with me and Dirk and Sips joined us a few days later, so Piper had two days to bond with her cousin. And by bond I mean wrestle and mouth and jump all over each other.
All I wanted was a "Backwards Down the Number Line" and a "Loving Cup" encore, and I got both and it was fabulous.
Can you feel the joy in this photo? Dirk has always been more of a Widespread Panic guy, and I've always been a Phish gal, and I've slowly but surely brought him around. Now he's constantly downloading and listening to shows, keeping up with their set lists, etc., and it's so fun to share this with each other!
The light show was so amazing. The fact that the band had no set list and was just playing whatever they felt like and that the lights could be so 100% spot on with transitions is just amazing to me!

So all in all, it really pumped me up for the next two shows we'll be seeing in Colorado the end of July! Woot woot!

2 comments:

Famous Amys said...

yes, Yes, YES! Best show EVER! Thank you for not posting the scary-eyes pic. I was for-sure you were going to after the cross-eyed-dancing-hippie scenario.

Miss you already!

~Juli said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!