Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ugh!

I have no desire to write recently, and I'm going to blame it on the insufferable heat! All the outdoor recreation I usually do throughout the day is now relegated to any time before eight a.m. or after six p.m. It's miserable to be outside unless you're in a pool, river, or lake. Yuck! So, needless to say, I haven't been taking too many photos, although I should, because we've been doing more home improvements (I swear they will never end,) but I think I'll just wait 'til the house is painted next week to share photos of EVERYTHING we've done over the past week. Okay, well, here are some photos of Piper and Sipsey, just because they're pretty much the only things I've been taking pictures of recently:

Sipsey has had a major chip on shoulder recently, and I'm going to blame it on the heat and not the fact that her little sister is now bigger than her but still acting like a 7-month-old puppy and is practically attached to her neck for most of the day.


See? Look how happy she is when Piper's locked inside the house and she's outside ALONE for a few minutes!


Piper is definitely not very lady-like. Actually, just as I typed that, she let out a belch that was so loud she scared herself. Look at how big this dog's tongue gets after a few miles on the trail!


Both the dogs love this little nature preserve a few blocks from our house. There's a creek where they can swim and wide open spaces for fetching up balls. They both start crying when we get within a block because they're so excited! It's like when I get near a Target or a bookstore.


Mama and Daddy gave Dirk this floormat for Christmas. It's actually very cool, made from recycled flip flops. Piper loves to lay on it during the day, and usually the door is closed and she's laying with her head poking through the doggy door.


I took these photos just four months apart. I don't realize how big our puppy has gotten until I compare her to Sipsey. She's now longer and taller than Sips, and I would be perfectly fine with her not growing anymore. Well, I guess it would be okay if she got a little bit bigger, but only if her coordination and motor skills increased exponentially. She's the clumsiest dog I've ever known.

1 comment:

~Juli said...

It's amazing how much your puppy has grown!! It's been HOT here too! Oh-I've been feeling good, thanks for asking :) I'll try to post an updated picture of my growing belly if I get enough courage!