Sunday, July 19, 2009

Can I Live While I'm Young?


Dirk and I fell in love at a Phish show. It was in Noblesville, IN, and five years ago, Dirk, Collins, Quinn, and I traveled from Alabama to Indiana for two amazing days of music, new friends, and the only way to properly describe it involves lyrics from a Joni Mitchell song (yes, it was that magical:)
"Moons and Junes and Ferris Wheels
The dizzy, dancing, way you feel
As ev'ry fairy tale turns real,
I've looked at love that way."

In early March, Dirk put in a request for two tickets to each of the four nights at Red Rocks Ampitheater outside of Deniver, Colorado, the odds were stacked WAY against us, but my man has amazing karma and was one of the few to have their requests granted. His devotion temporarily wavered when he saw that he could sell our tickets immediately on ebay and fund a week in Europe. But honestly, if I had a choice of how to spend my summer vacation? It would involve Phish and the Colorado Rockies.

We head out to Fort Collins (to visit Collins of our first Phish show together Collins, and Will my brother Will), then camping in Rocky Mountain National Park, then on to Denver and the shows. Did I mention we'll be driving? Did I mention we're taking two 70-pound Golden Retrievers? Did I mention my camera will be permanently on a tripod since we will surely be stopping multiple times in numerous states? Bring it on.

P.S. Dirk and I downloaded a bunch of Phish tunes for our wii Guitar Hero game. We're getting super psyched, obviously.

4 comments:

Famous Amys said...

Yee-Haw! I am so super excited - and JEALOUS! - for your trip. I'm sending happy thought that you'll be able to hear both Fee and Backwards Down the Number Line.

I can't wait to hear all about it and see you pictures.

I know I'll talk to you a million times before then, but SAFE TRAVELS!

Stephanie said...

I love the first sentence of this post. And can totally see the excitment in your face in the pciture. Sounds like the perfect vacation for you two- make that 4!

leynahanson. said...

Good for you guys! Kim lives in Fort Collins still. I'm looking forward to the photos & stories. Have fun & drive careful!

elizabeth said...

jealous...sooo jealous...cant wait to hear all about the trip!