Monday, February 22, 2010

Engagement Partay!

What an amazing night. I admit, I was a little nervous for the Young South meeting, but I am so very glad that everyone had a chance to meet each other prior to the wedding celebration, one less thing to worry about, right?

Aunt Jane and Uncle Mike hosted the affair at their home and it was perfect. Jane and Mike have the perfect party house. We had a lot of fun taking prom type photos in front of the fireplace, and then we brought out Gomar's mohair coat. Complete with shoulder pads. Gomar is probably rolling over in her grave right now, but towards the end of the night, everyone was taking turns with the coat and the tophat and boa that Dirk and I were told we were wearing.

Brooke and I are very fond of this particular prom portrait pose. Brooke's eyes in this photo crack me up!

My fiance the pimp.

We asked Mama and Daddy to flash their gang sings. We got a thumb's up and an A-OK. They've officially ruined their street cred. Not to mention that huge fish hanging from Daddy's neck is not dipped in 24K gold. Pshaw!

These are my soon-to-be in-laws. Yes, they can hang. The clock was Dan's idea. He's Flava Flav, doncha know?

Here we are. I told Dirk he needs to practice his photo smile because we will be taking a lot of them. He's so burnt out already on having his photo taken (living with me and all) it's like he has to make weird faces in any photo taken of us. He needs practice, but I look cute, right?

Mama's best childhood/high school friend, who is also been a huge support to my life in Birmingham came to the party, and she showed up in the exact same outfit as my mother. I mean, we had even tied her scarf four different ways before settling on this one, and Lyn showed up with her scarf tied the exact same way! They haven't seen each other in years!

I just love this photo. I do believe it's frame-worthy.

2 comments:

The Thorson Throwdown said...

What a fun night! Looks like the fam's meshed well. Love the one of your parents :)

Little 'Nemos said...

What were you worried about. looks like they all got along great!! the last pic is frame worthy!