Friday, December 24, 2010

walking in a winter wonderland

I work with one of the sweetest creatures on the face of this earth. Her name is Lydia, and she is amazing. As is her Christmas Village, a tradition she started the year she was wed, I think about 25 years ago. Every year she has been adding to her village, and now, she has not one, but three different sections, a farming hamlet, a smaller village, and then the city (which has an industrial section, a commercial section, and a sea port.) I asked if I could take photos of it all, because I know how much time she has put into it over the years, and I thought that it would be a fun present if I were to photograph her village and then create a DVD with slideshows of the different sections set to Christmas music.

I was overwhelmed by how amazing it all was. I wanted to shrink myself and live there. There's no other way to describe it besides MAGICAL.

Here are a few of my favorite photos I took, and they also relate to this week's photography theme: Americana.








Merry Christmas Eve, friends!

2 comments:

Kate Ford said...

i am thinking... i want to live in that village ;) so beautiful.

The Thorson Throwdown said...

Love those pictures! I would gladly let that man hang Christmas lights on my evergreen :)