When I first started this project, I thought, "Wow. This will be such an interesting way to reflect on my year." An entire year in photos. One photo per day. Originally, I tried to take photographs that were able to sum up each day. I quickly became bored with this. Because there is a lot of monotony in my life (I'm not complaining), but trying to find something interesting to photograph every single day is TOUGH! Especially when you really want to try to take different sorts of photos. The thing is, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to be a landscape photographer right now. Because I don't have many sweeping landscapes around me (darn these trees!)
Chap is very diligent about inspiring me to branch out, and while I love his ideas, I tend to think on them and think on them, and never execute. Because while I want to take pictures that he's proud of, I see the world in a completely different way than other people, and THAT is what I strive to capture. Photography, to me, is an extention of my perspective, and my perspective is a result of my vision.
I am near-sighted. I've worn glasses since I was 10, and I don't know what my vision was like before that, necessarily. It's not a severe impairment, I can focus perfectly on subjects up to a foot and a half or so away from me without any sort of corrective lenses, and it occurred to me the other day that this is probably why I take the sorts of photos that I take. Because I notice the details.
After the Eyes of Sauron disease (this is how I refer to those few months when I had that creepy eye disease) left my eyes permanently sapped of moisture, I've been wearing glasses almost permanently. They can hinder my view through my camera's viewfinder, so I usually compose a shot, push my glasses up on my head, and shoot. Kind of like shooting blind. I guess this is one of the reasons I like to take detail shots, because I can be sure of the focus! Ha!
My 365 project has pretty much evolved into 365 Days of the Vacant Lot Next Door. Who knew that vacant lot would become so important to me?! Aside from a place to run the crap out of the golden girls, it's my go-to for my 365 photos.
So here you go:









I've been dreading my photos until recently, when I had the revelation that this is MY project, and I'm going to have to find inspiration where I can, so I'll stick to what I love to capture (for now) which is dogs, kiddos, and details, and I'll allow myself to branch out when the mood strikes my fancy.
Chap is very diligent about inspiring me to branch out, and while I love his ideas, I tend to think on them and think on them, and never execute. Because while I want to take pictures that he's proud of, I see the world in a completely different way than other people, and THAT is what I strive to capture. Photography, to me, is an extention of my perspective, and my perspective is a result of my vision.
I am near-sighted. I've worn glasses since I was 10, and I don't know what my vision was like before that, necessarily. It's not a severe impairment, I can focus perfectly on subjects up to a foot and a half or so away from me without any sort of corrective lenses, and it occurred to me the other day that this is probably why I take the sorts of photos that I take. Because I notice the details.
After the Eyes of Sauron disease (this is how I refer to those few months when I had that creepy eye disease) left my eyes permanently sapped of moisture, I've been wearing glasses almost permanently. They can hinder my view through my camera's viewfinder, so I usually compose a shot, push my glasses up on my head, and shoot. Kind of like shooting blind. I guess this is one of the reasons I like to take detail shots, because I can be sure of the focus! Ha!
My 365 project has pretty much evolved into 365 Days of the Vacant Lot Next Door. Who knew that vacant lot would become so important to me?! Aside from a place to run the crap out of the golden girls, it's my go-to for my 365 photos.
So here you go:









I've been dreading my photos until recently, when I had the revelation that this is MY project, and I'm going to have to find inspiration where I can, so I'll stick to what I love to capture (for now) which is dogs, kiddos, and details, and I'll allow myself to branch out when the mood strikes my fancy.
2 comments:
love these! bring a disk when you come home!!! Mamma
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Post a Comment