Friday, July 1, 2011

summer funk

My photo-a-day challenge has been tough this week. I am extremely lacking in motivation, which could be due in part to the sore throat that crept up on me during Mama's visit, or it could be coming off of an amazing tropical getaway. Regardless, photo-taking has been the last thing on my to-do list. At the top of that list has been: laying on the couch, finishing the Hunger Games trilogy (AMAZING!), watching Randall narrate Discovery videos (http://www.youtube.com/user/czg123), and listening to the new Bon Iver album. I've also discovered an app I downloaded on my iphone at least a year ago but have never played with. So I challenged myself this week to take all my 365 photos with my cell phone. Here are some results:

This photo cracks me up. It could be any town or city in the United States!
181/365 - Any Road USA

I love how this one feels like you're glimpsing a miniature world! This is why I'm lusting after a tilt-shift lens system!
finding fun in the mundane

I wanted to share this one because my friend Jim's comment on it cracked me up:
Seaside Symmetry
"your dog just became a hipster by posing for this. shes going to start wearing jeggings and chunky bracelets. Its like she's auditioning for vampire weekend. great great photo."

The Golden Girls:
golden girls
and another Jim comment: "if they threw a party and invited everyone they knew, they would see, the biggest gift would be from me, and the card attached would say 'Thank you for being a friend.'"

This photo is so therapeutic to me, and reminds me of why I drag my bootie out of bed in the mornings to walk the dogs. Because this is my therapy right here, folks. Well, this and blogging and photographing :)my therapy

I hope you all have fun and safe Fourth of July weekends!

No comments: