Tuesday, October 18, 2011

artsy fartsy in the forest

Since joining Pinterest, I have been itching to have a craft night once a week and invite some friends over. Since Mary Claire, Aimee, and I all live in a one mile radius of each other, we decided it would be fun to have craft night on a revolving schedule, visiting different houses each week, the hostess to pick out the project and provide the materials.

Last night was my night, and I had decided on a melted-crayon-on-canvas project I'd seen on Pinterest, one that Melody had already tried out so I could pick her brain for tips.

It turned out to be super easy, even after Sipsey attempted to sabotage craft night by eating all but three of the first batch of crayons I purchased.

We laid out our crayons.

Then hot glued them to the canvas.

Then we ran the hair drier over the crayons til they started to melt and drip. This part was SO much fun, because you could control the direction of the drip with the drier.

How neat that we all did the same project but the results turned out so differently! I still have more canvases, and may try this again using different color schemes at some point.

3 comments:

Ms. Melody said...

I love this! So much fun, huh? And I said the same thing about wanting to do another with different colors... but haven't yet. :)

Stephanie said...

Super duper cool. I wish I could come to your craft night!

Anonymous said...

Love this! Maybe a Christmas present for me???
Mamma