Friday, October 7, 2011

connecting the dots - isn't the universe hilarious sometimes?

There were many familiar faces at the wedding I photographed over Labor Day weekend, including Justin G. I always like to kid around with the groomsmen, to get some genuine smiles {I don't know of ANY men who enjoy getting their photo taken, ever. I mean, you'd think you were asking them to have a baby or something.}

So I started kidding Justin about how we used to "go out" in junior high. For like, a week, keep in mind. This meant that instead of being friends and goofing off, we ignored each other and avoided each other at lunch and recess like the plague for an entire school week. We couldn't, for the life of us, remember how or when we broke it off.


Fastforward to last weekend, when I was finally cleaning out our old dresser. I like to keep one of my allotted drawers for treasures. Gloves from Gomar, love notes from ex-boyfriends, etc. I came across a single school photo, of a classmate I wasn't particularly best friends with, and I thought to myself, "huh? I wonder why I held on to this specific photo?" Then I read the back.

That boyfriend of mine that Sarah made out with in 8th grade was nonother than Justin G. And Sarah, wherever you are, I am pleased to say that I never "got you back."

5 comments:

Famous Amys said...

Hilarious! That's too good...

Ms. Melody said...

Who writes that on the back of a photo?! Hahaha! Oh, how I love documented memories! So funny!

Stephanie said...

OMG. I did laugh out loud at that. (And I'm shaking my head) That's Sarah!

jchelstrom said...

I just saw this Libba and I am cracking up- Sarah said the same exact thing to me but at a school dance (I think actually in 8th grade too); that she was sorry she made out with my boyfriend who at the time happened to be none other than one of the other guys in this picture...Adam S. Oh, way too funny!

MoCos said...

haha! that is the funniest, I need to go through my box of treasures to find some good ones!