Wednesday, December 21, 2011

girl's getaway

A few weeks ago, Mary Claire asked me if I'd be able to get out of town for a weekend with her, to go shopping and just relax, etc. Of course I said "YES", we picked a weekend, and then we talked about it nonstop until the day arrived.

roadtrip!

Our first stop was Atlantic Station and H&M!
first stop

Since I lived in Atlanta for a few months back in college, I was in charge of navigating/driving. I was successfully able to parallel park the mom-mobile:
turns out I CAN parallel park a mom-mobile

We headed to Buckhead to check into our hotel, checking out the scenery along the way:
love the lines

The Ritz-Carlton looked fabulously all decked out in Christmas attire!
deck the halls

Here's our room, on the Club Level. We were special. We had to use our card in the elevator to get to our floor.
niiiiice

Our room was directly across the hall from the Club Floor Lounge, which offered complimentary champagne, wine, coffee drinks, soft drinks, and snacks all day!
cheers!

Then we headed to Lenox Mall to shop. I have to admit, I was a little intimidated by this mall. They have shops like Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Prada, Gucci, etc., and I saw a pair of thousand dollar leather jeggings at Neiman Marcus. Oh, and I held a Manolo Blahnik and Christian Louboutin shoe IN MY HAND. It was bananas. I splurged on a Marc Jacobs bag that I absolutely LOVE.
chubb

We got tired and decided to retire to our room to wear our slippers and robes:
stylin' in our robes
losin' it
word
we're cool

I love being silly with MC!


ritz-carlton still life

Then we got all prettified for drinks down in the lobby. You'll never guess who we ran into in the elevator. He was traveling from floor to floor, tucking all the children in.
lookie who we found in the elevator!
club level

We ended up just ordering room service for dinner and drinking way too much champagne. I was ready to go to bed and Mary Claire INSISTED that I wash my face before going to bed. I was just too tired, and I assured her that it would be fine. I woke up the next morning and there were dirty cotton balls littering the floor next to my side of the bed. In true Mary Claire fashion, she had waited for me to fall asleep and had then washed my face for me. That's a true friend right there. I'm so glad to have finally found someone as Type-A as me.

Sunset over Atlanta:
sunset

On Sunday we spent WAY too much money at Ikea and headed home so Dirk could put together our new bedroom furniture! I'm already looking forward to making this trip a yearly tradition!


5 comments:

~Juli said...

What a fun trip! Love your red dress. You look gorgeous!

MoCos said...

I want to go on a trip with you, plus Santa in the elevator, how convenient!

~Amy~ said...

LOVE this post!! I love Louis and drooled when I was in the 3 leveled Louis in Vegas! LOVE girlfriend getaways as well!! Happy times!

Meghann Whitmer said...

How fun. I want to go too!!

Stephanie said...

You are a rock star.
Oh, and a beautiful rock star.

Club level Ritz looks awesome. However, when we bloggers(someday, right)all get together for a destinationgettogether, we'll have to find a little less fancy place. But we'll still have champagne:)

BTW, those frames Brooke made you are really cool. What a special gift. That Brooke is a good one.