Monday, January 2, 2012

bring it on, 2012

I'm going to go ahead and put it out there right now, that 2012 is going to be a breeze. Especially since I won't have that silly challenge defining every single day.

The holidays came and went without much fanfare. Christmas was Christmas. All I'm going to say about our day was that Dirk and I promised each other that next year we will be on a beach somewhere, just the two of us (with maybe a couple furry companions), no gifts, just each others' company. We decided that's all we really need, anyway.
359/365 - we've started the countdown to the end of this stupid challenge

My favorite gift was a toy from Santa. I got an iPod nano, so I can clip it on and take it on my runs. It has the Nike+ app built in, so it keeps track of my distance, time, calories burned, etc. I've been very dedicated with my workouts, and I've been doing better than I had even dreamt of when I first started running. I ran almost 8 miles this weekend! Dirk and I gave each other a new tempurpedic king-size bed and furniture, which we love. I can't wait to go to bed every night! God Bless Ikea!
358/365 - it's only 4:23, but can I call it quits?

The highlight of my week was definitely completing my 365 project and going back through all the images and picking my favorites from each month out.
2011 in Review
In case you missed it, I posted my favorite 11 photos from every month on my facebook fan page: Young South Photography.

It took me awhile to figure out how I was going to photographically commemorate Day 365/365, and I was worried that I'd kind of just fizzle out with the way the past few months have gone. I finally decided to take photos throughout the day and put them together into one massive collage of everything I did on the last day of the year. It was fun, the day and the challenge.
365/365 - how I spent my New Years Eve

So guess what happened yesterday? I started missing my photo challenge. Weird, right? Melody and I have already decided to choose a weekly theme and take and edit and share at least one photo per week pertaining to the theme, but I think I may keep up my photo a day using my phone, snapseed, and Instagram (I'm libbalu2 if you want to follow me.) I honestly just don't know what to do with myself now that I don't have this project, especially since I've completed all my crafts that I was working on for the holidays.

So here's yesterday's contribution, showcasing the awesome homemade project frames that Brooke made for my Christmas present.
Well, lookit who couldn't tear herself away from taking a photo yesterday.

Happy New Year, friends!


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so friggin proud of you and Melody completing your 365 project. You are amazing artists.

And you both are going to print a book with all of the photos, right? You HAVE to.

leynahanson. said...

a weekly theme...sounds familiar =) i love your last day of the year project too =) i wish i could get back into doing "projects" & you summed it up with praise for ikea!

Ms. Melody said...

I am so proud of us that I could just pick you up and twirl you around till we are dizzy sick and confetti spills out of us! :) Actually, I just might do that when I get to see you, in real life, in 16 days!!!! Oh me oh my, I am beyond excited!!

Good job, friend!! I am patting you on the back right this moment. {and ps, don't you dare tell anyone (teehee) but I am totally missing the dreadful commitment also! can't believe it really...} :)