Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Famous Amys Visit

Melody left on Monday, and our trip was fantastic. I know all of you are very anxious to see some photos, but when I sat down to start the editing process, I realized that I still hadn't gone through photos from the Amys visit earlier this month. I have OCD, and my brain literally could not allow me to edit photos from this trip without first finishing up the last.

I've already shared photos and stories from one of the highlights of the family visit, which was the Red Nose Run, but there were other photos taken, to be sure.

This is one of the photos I was able to capture of Taylor NOT doing her fabulous pose. It's funny, but at the beach, I was doing a pose, and Mel was like, "too Taylor, relax a little bit." I love that Taylor's posing habit has become an adjective. Taylor, one day you will be thankful for your tips from your Aunt Beeba, I promise!



This is the first photo I took of T. I told her to sit down on the rock and this is what she did, naturally. I like to think of it as her First Lady pose. Hilarious.

Taylor also discovered my American Girl Doll and all of her clothes. At 6:30 in the morning.


Have you ever seen a picture of Luke NOT smiling? Well, here it is.
Taylor spent lots of time playing with her Uncle Dirky.


Then she started to feel puny in the middle of family dinner. She spent the night on the couch, completely unbothered by the 19 people partying around her.
I got a phone call mid-party from Dirk, and I was like, "Where are you?!" "Locked in the bathroom." So then we spent a good bit of time trying to figure out how to get him out of the bathroom. Grandaddy supervised.
Mike had the brilliant idea of using a coat hanger to unlock the door, but Granddaddy only owns fancy coat hangers, so Mike decided to use a pair of hedge trimmers to fashion a MacGuyver-like door-unlocker. At one point, Jane ran into the living room about to burst with laughter saying, "I don't know what's funnier, Dirk being locked in the bathroom, or Mike, out in the garage, trying to fashion a tool to get him out."
Never fear, though, bloggers, thanks to Kirk's handy dandy AmEx, Dirk was freed from the powder room.
We tend to brush over the fact, however, that as soon as Dirk was out, Chris had to use the restroom, and proceeded to lock himself in the bathroom. Yeah.

It was a great visit, and I was very sad to see them go. I could have kept them here at least a few more days. Now I get to look forward to my visit to Asheville for Brooke's Birthday!

Okay, my next post will be from our fabulous refreshing girl's getaway. Promise

4 comments:

~Juli said...

Great pictures! Poor Dirk getting locked in the bathroom...kind of funny though :)

Anonymous said...

Love It! This is so our FAMILY!!! mamma

Famous Amys said...

LOVE all of these pictures... And with all the sickness, I had totally forgotten about Dirk locking himself in the bathroom. That first picture of the sequence is perfect... Especially Granddaddy's enthusiasm.

MoCos said...

Apparently your husband and your sister's husband need a class in door locks... you girls sure know how to pick em!