Tuesday, March 25, 2008

coolest hotel accommodations EVER

Let me start off by saying that I've been traveling for Executive Traveler for a little over two years now and have stayed in some pretty sweet places (the private hut on the lava beach in Hawaii comes to mind) but this room is by far the coolest.  If I had money, it's exactly how I'd decorate my own house.  Just three suites on top of a baby and women's boutique, there's no innkeeper, no front desk, no maid service.  They stock your room with enough food, towels, and toiletries to last you the length of your stay and you're on your own.  I'm considering moving in.  Some photos (just click to enlarge and I suggest doing so):


My living room


My kitchen/dining area, stocked with home-made muffins, fresh fruit, and honeynut cheerios (what my breakfast in Birmingham usually consists of!)



Bathroom has a Jacuzzi tub and a rain shower.


Very comfortable platform bed.


Private balcony.

More posts on the trip to come (as I get photos downloaded/edited!)

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

if you ever want someone to travel with...i am sure i could clear my busy schedule...

Famous Amys said...

LIBBA! That's way nicer than any of the hotels we stayed at in London - the only thing missing is the giant stuffed sheep footrests. Be safe, have fun & keep updating your blog.
Love - Brooke

~Juli said...

This is awesome Libba! You have a fabulous job!!!