I will be visiting the town of Fredericksburg in the Texas Hill Country all next week, drinking wine, photographing wildflowers, perusing art galleries, and visiting the Nimitz Museum, which holds family significance because it is the only WWII museum solely dedicated to the Pacific Battle, which my grandfather was involved in. I'm hoping the museum will give me more insight into his experiences in the war, which he is hesitant to discuss except on the rare occasion, and wont to go into detail about even then.
The trip accommodations will be a first for me, as I'll be staying in a Guest House instead of a hotel. www.theroadrunnerinn.com
Pray I can keep on my diet and don't get too frustrated with the menus (pre-arranged dinners are tricky when you don't eat meat.) On second thought, maybe being a traveling vegetarian has HELPED me stay fit on the road :-)
This trip marks the beginning of travel-mania in Libba-land. Five press trips planned between now and mid-May, which would be overhwhelming if the majority of them did not fall throughout the week (I'll still have my weekends in Birmingham to play!)
I'll check in from the road and try to share photos, stories, and experiences!
2 comments:
Five press trips through mid-May, plus one important trip to Asheville to meet your new niece! You are going to be one busy lady. Oh yeah, I would stay hush-hush about the no-meat thing on this trip... I've heard they don't allow vegetarians in the state of Texas. Kisses - B
Hi Libba! I'm a new blogger here and addicted already...ran accross your blog through Brooke's. Looking forward to staying in touch. Take Care! Juli
Post a Comment