Monday, May 5, 2008

Wind and (lots of) Wine Cruise

Danger Cruises offers a high-class “Wind and Wine Cruise” past Sunset Key in Key West. I forget how many varietals they offered, because the sommelier had me at “champagne.” He was very knowledgeable (and obviously a great salesman), explaining the vintages prior to departure from the dock, including a pinot grigio (my wine of choice) to boot. A blonde hottie passed around cheese, crackers, and fresh veggies with dip, providing attractive alternate scenery to the aquamarine waters of the Gulf. It was another “pinch myself” moment, as I sipped champagne, took in the ocean breeze and view, felt the yacht gently rocking beneath my feet, and looked around at a group of people I’ve come to respect and whose company I greatly enjoy, but will most likely never cross paths with again. What a strange profession I am in.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

strange, but adventurous...I love reading of your travels.

Stephanie said...

of course, my profession is strange and adventurous, too. But it mostly takes me to the ghetto hoods of KC. That's why I like seeing your butterfly-wine-yaht pictures!