Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life with Piper

I can't believe that we've almost had this baby dog for 3 whole weeks! It's been a joy having the time at home with them (my sort of maternity leave, where I can stick her in her crate for a few hours while I run errands!) She's changing every day, too. New and exciting developments, like going up the stairs, and going down ONE stair. Yes. She goes down one stair and then sits there and cries and howls so pitifully that you have to carry her down the rest. Man, I can't wait for the day when she can use the doggy door!
This is how they ate two weeks ago.
This is how they're eating now. Piper finishes off her food, then goes after Sipsey's. Am I feeding her enough?
She emulates Sipsey in ALL aspects, and can no longer sit up front because this is what happens. She wants to look out the window like Sips, and the only way to accomplish that is to sit on my shoulders like a parrot. Backseat for Piper from now on.
She's MUCH more vocal than Sipsey has been. We've heard more from Piper in the past three weeks than we've heard out of Sipsey in the past 2 1/2 years. Yips, howls, yawns, shrieks. We've started calling her "Ah-ROO Ah-ROO!"
Not only does she love laying and playing in the monkey grass, but she's also a bit of a cat when it comes to crouching and pouncing on her prey (a.k.a. Sipsey.)

Anyway, she's a joy, and getting cuter and cuter every day, and the puppy teeth are seeming less and less sharp. Now if only she'd sleep through the night?!

3 comments:

Famous Amys said...

She is seriously the cutest fluffball I've ever seen. Great pictures! Love - B

~Amy~ said...

She is adorable!! Love how she just wants to be like her big sister!! Isn't that the truth with all sister relationships:) I love the one of her on your neck. Now if she gains 40 more pounds, you may need to see a chiropractor!!!

jchelstrom said...

I love her and I love her name, it fits her.