Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ceremony

Sorry I took a little break from wedding blogs, friends and followers, but I've got some exciting new creative projects I'm working on, AND, I was just able to get to editing more photos as they've been trickling in.

The ceremony was special. It was just so "us." My Uncle Mike, a circuit judge in our county, officiated the ceremony, which allowed us to talk closely with him about the script, and was special because Mike has been part of our lives since I was 3. I had minor hiccup with my eyes beforehand, which really stunk. I had put my contacts in LAST MINUTE for portraits, and by the time those were over and I was relaxing in our suite with the bridesmaids waiting for the ceremony, my eyes were hurting and red. So I took the contacts out, and I didn't put them back in. I'm not blind, or anything, I have a -2.5 in one eye and -3.0 in the other, so I can see, just not too clearly. I try to look at this as being a good thing for this particular event. Because I was focused on Dirk and Mike, and no one else. It also made the reception line especially interesting because it wasn't until then that I could greet and see who made it to the wedding.

The dogs were our ring bearers and I wish that I could say they did good. Sipsey broke out of her collar and went and peed behind the archway and Piper was busy grunting and scratching her back on the grass throughout the ceremony, but it was amusing, and it was just so "us."

So here are some photos, and I promise to not go a week before posting about the reception. Expect that one on Tuesday or so (I have to blog when Dirk is either asleep, at school, or at band practice because we like to spend every waking moment together when we can :)

Oh, and I have some fun new concepts I'm going to be trying out on the blog the next few weeks. I've actually been researching moving my blog off of blogger and to a site that allows me to share my photography portfolios as well as a blog, but we'll see. If any of you know of a good site for that, please share! It's just so annoying having to send you all to flickr to see photos, you know?

Speaking of which, here's a link to the rest of the ceremony photographs:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/libbadibbado/sets/72157624086534309/





7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Libba, I loved so much that your wedding was totally "you". And that you kept it smallish and intimate and sweet. All about what matters most...the two people in love.
And from the pictures, I can tell love was the strong force there that day. Love that you and Dirk obviously share, and also with the great families that were present.

Anonymous said...

Your wedding was beautiful...I cried looking through every pictures. Thank you for sharing and congratulations to you both!

Love, Aunt Sandy

MoCos said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!

elizabeth said...

i love the pictures. you look beautiful. this makes me want to get married all over again!

leynahanson. said...

Beautiful ceremony photos of course...but my favs...the first one on this post (Brooke coaxing Taylor down the aisle - ha!), the one of your parents - omg!, & the one up close of you & Dirk right after your hugging photo, you're looking away & he's looking at you =) Made me smile!

Little 'Nemos said...

I love the last pics, what a neat idea! so pretty!

Elaine Warner said...

You CAN"T post too many wedding photos. What a fabulous day!!!! You did good, girl!!!!