Wednesday, January 18, 2012

in 24 hours from now

This lady will be on a plane on her way to Alabama! I'm not even going to make you jealous by sharing all the fun stuff we have planned, you'll have to wait for the pictures, and I guarantee there will be at least eleventy billion.

I cannot express in words how much it means to me that Melody decided to come visit. For the past year and a half now, she has commanded an overwhelming part of my heart. Through her friendship, I have discovered a self-confidence with female friends that I didn't know I had within me. For the first time in my life I feel as if all is as it should be. It's allowed me to shed myself of those in my life that cause negativity and drama. It's allowed me to be honest with others around me, without fear of being thought of as a goofball or nerd. It's given me the freedom to just be me. Because there are a handful of people out there now who know everything there is to know about me, and love me anyway.

This trip will be magical. It will be epic. It will be like Beaches but without the cancer and sad ending. It will be one that we share with our family and children and grandchildren for ever and ever. I can't wait to share it all with YOU!

4 comments:

Ms. Melody said...

thanks for making room in that big, beautiful heart of yours for me! I can't wait to be in your presence, friend!! one more sleep.... if you can even call it that because this is better than Christmas so doubtful I will get much sleep... :)

Famous Amys said...

I am so happy for you guys and your fabulous trip! And I am very much anticipating all the amazing pictures that will come out of it... Especially the ones of you pretty ladies!

Stephanie said...

So excited for you guys and your adventure. Yous about to git your Thelma and Louise on!
Can't wait to hear all about it!

~Amy~ said...

I cannot wait to see pictures and hear all about your trip together!!!