So I just realized that I've failed to mention the fact that I'm still traveling for my primary income these days. This is the reason I have not been diligent about posting, not finals, babies, or anything else. I'll write more about the past three trips I've taken later, but for now, let me just state for the record that in my next life, I want to go to school at Berea. Seriously. I love it here.
Hmmm, other news in Libba-Land. Well, if all goes well, Dirk and I will be visiting a litter of 3-week-old Golden Retriever puppies this afternoon! We've tossed the idea of getting another pup around for a long while, and it finally seems as if the time is right. Primarily because Sipsey has become SO co-dependent on me since I've been working from home. She is constantly at my side, and if I leave the house to run errands without her, I come home and she has maniacally licked her paws until hot spots appear! I think it's time she had a sibling/playmate/puppy to entertain, teach, and take care of. AND, since I am home a lot now, I'll be able to spend lots of time training the new pup. There is only one female left in the litter, though, so cross your fingers that it's still available by the time we get there this afternoon!
I've also decided to take up a new hobby. I realized recently that if I can become a professional picture-taker with no education and experience, what else might I do "just because"? So I've decided to start making jewelry. I've been itching to work with a 3D medium and do something with my hands besides holding a camera and clicking a shutter. AND, this means that I'll never lack for gift ideas for all those lovely females in my life. So check back occasionally and see how I'm progressing. Just like when I started photography, it's going to take some time and a lot of practice.
Well, I better zip the suitcases and get ready to head to the Lexington Airport for my flights back to Birmingham. Just wanted to check in with everyone!
1 comment:
Surely I told you my grandparents went to Berea. And my great-grandmother ran a boarding house for students on the site where the Inn now stands. I love Berea, too. And the lady who has Hot Flash Beads and her sister who is with the CVB and the artisan center....and on and on!
Post a Comment