Wednesday, December 31, 2008

First Week with Piper Pup

Alright, bloggers. You're just going to have to put up with adorable puppy posts from this blogger until I can get all my jewelry photographs and materials organized and ready for posting. Piper's first week was pretty momentous. Not only has she met everyone in both Dirk's and my families, she's also house training, crate training, and eating dry dog food. And did I mention that she's pretty much the cutest thing in the whole wide world besides puppy Sipsey?
We went in for Piper's first vet visit today and she did great. She didn't squeal or cry when she got her shots, and she weighed in at a whopping 8.1 pounds. If she was a baby, she'd pretty much be 95 percentile. The vet pretty much told me she was going to be a monster dog.
She was obviously not scarred by her first veterinary experience. She fell asleep on the exam table while we waited for her fecal matter results (Yuck!)
I found her sleeping in the laundry pile the other day. Then I ran some errands and came back and Sipsey had eaten a pair of my underwear. Disgusting.
Devouring dinner.
After her first bath she was shivering so badly we wrapped her in towels and she just laid there, warming up. I have to look at these pictures to remind myself that this is why I've been up at 6:00 a.m. every single morning for a week.

1 comment:

Elaine Warner said...

These pics are so cute I can hardly stand it!!!!