Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cute Overload and a Holiday Hangover

Well, the holidays are over and that's a little sad. It was quite possibly the best Christmas yet, but probably because it was so different from years past. This was my second EVER Christmas away from the farm in Iowa (the first one was when I was like, five, so it doesn't really count,) and it was my first Christmas spent with Dirk and my brother-in-law Chris, and Taylor's very first Christmas! We had Christmas Eve with his family, and then four days of Christmas with mine, which I feel is a fair compromise :-) Piper LOVED Taylor, probably because Sipsey really doesn't want anything to do with her (we're hoping that she'll warm up to her new little sister eventually.)
On Saturday we took Taylor to Wald Park in Vestavia, which is the coolest playground in the city (in my humble opinion.) I won't share photos of my parents riding double on the special needs swing, because the image has been implanted in my brain and haunts my dreams at night. Note: no one over the age of 8 should ride double on the swing set. It should be a law. Doesn't Taylor look just like a Baby Gap ad in this photo?
I love watching the Amyses interact with each other. There is so much love in their family, and this shot captures the warmth and fun they exude when you're around them.
Who's more afraid of the slide?
Sipsey has gotten better about letting Piper touch her, and this photo is one of the first times Sips let the puppy cuddle up next to her (they've since spent most of their naps snuggling.) Last night Sipsey "accidentally" trampled Piper and the puppy started screaming like she'd been shot with a bb gun. Sipsey went nuts and was maniacally sniffing Piper from head to toe to make sure she was okay. It was the first maternal instinct we've seen her exhibit and it was hopefully a display we'll see more of in the future.

6 comments:

~Amy~ said...

Oh Libba, the picture of Taylor needs to be submitted to Gap... they would eat it up! I am so glad that you had a wonderful Christmas. We had one here and it was hard to be away from home, but memorable for our first traditions. You so need to come a visit. The scenery here is unremarkable and a photographers dream! How much longer does Dirk have with nursing school?? We need nurses like crazy all over!!

Stephanie said...

L-O-V-E the photos!!! so frigging cute, that Taylor!
and your Piper, too!

Little 'Nemos said...

Those Pictures are amazing!!! I want you to take our pictures!! I need to get lessons from you:)

MoCos said...

I want the puppy..Taylor is too cute for words and I am curious to see the Meg and Don double swing..Don't you love what the holiday's brings out in everyone!!

The Thorson Throwdown said...

What a cutie pie that Piper is! I think that I love parks more as an adult than I did as a child, which may also be the case for the Young family!

Famous Amys said...

Seriously... you HAD to include the picture of me on the slide.

We just got done looking at the pictures you took from the weekend... our fave has to be the one of Taylor-tot post nose dive in the tub. Oh. My. God.