The day started with an early morning birthday wake-up call from Granddaddy promptly at 6:58 a.m. followed closely behind by my neighbor and old co-worker Miss Edna. After hugs from Miss Edna and a couple of cards, I opened a few presents (Dirk then stole the wrapping paper from said presents to later wrap his....ha!) Work was wonderful with more cards and CUPCAKES! I got off early and had time to do some shopping (YES!) Dirk got home around four and we took the dogs to the park:

I've been wondering lately how our patio table has been getting so dirty. I literally have to clean it every other day (I COULD clean it every day but what's the point?!) I looked outside yesterday and who was sunbathing on top of the table? Piper, that's who. She then showed me her latest trick, jumping (unassisted by chairs, etc.) with all four legs up onto the patio table. I have no idea what we're going to do with this dog. She's like Clifford. She won't stop growing, and she's red. She can now rest her head on the table top. I think she has a little Otis in her. We might just have to give her a saddle for when Taylor comes to visit next week.

We had an amazing dinner with friends at Taj India, a restaurant dear to our hearts. Dirk and I went on our first date to Taj, and used to eat there at least once every other week when we lived in Southside. Now that we live in a different neighborhood we've discovered new favorite dining establishments, and Taj has become a special treat.

Dirk dropped my ice cream cake off at the restaurant that day and it was delicious!

We found out the hard way that it's not easy to smash someone's face in a frozen cake. Yeah. That's all I'll say about that.

Thank you everyone for the phone calls, text messages, emails, facebook comments, etc., it all added up to a special day. Lucky for me my birthday will continue on 'til next week when it will officially end with a family party with Brooke and Taylor and all the Birmingham Blackwells! Woot woot!
4 comments:
Yay! I can't wait to see you on Sunday... can we get another ice cream cake AND cake bites?
Happy, happy Birthday Libba! Sounds like a great day! Sounds like Piper is going to be a big girl!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIBBA!!! ;)
Happy Belated Birthday! Glad to hear you had a great one. Everyone should have a great day the day they were born:)
Post a Comment