Friday, October 9, 2009

HOLY GUACAMOLE!

So last week we have Piper vs. Furniture and this week we have Taylor vs. Avocadoes.

So at first, everyone at the table attempted to share in the appetizer, but Taylor wanted none of that. It wasn't long before she just grabbed the bowl and clutched it to her chest for dear life. And who needs chips anyway? I mean, it's nothing but added carbs! Our little munchkin prefers to just scoop the deliciousness out of the bowl with her hands (oh, and this was not just guacamole, but pico de gallo, as well...raw onion and tomatoes.)


Who wants a high five?

No joke, we did not instruct her to do this. She needed to get to the bottom of that bowl, so she tilted it up and licked it clean.

If only I had a photo of making my daily homemade trail mix snack in the kitchen. I look down and not only are my dogs sitting at attention and pleading with their eyes, but in-between them stands Taylor with the exact same look on her face. So you know what I did? I gave the girl a goldfish. Obviously the scrambled eggs and fruit weren't substantial enough for her first meal of the day:

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

THAT is REALLY funny. What a ham!! Now, I can appreciate some good guacamole..but a 1 year old?

Isn't being an AUNT about the best thing in the world?!? Especially to get to be one before you have your OWN (human) kids (sorry doggies). Looks like you are doing a perfect job at it!

Famous Amys said...

Hahaha! Yep, my girl LOVES the guacamole. And the refried beans. And the chips. And the corn in the cup. And just about everything else.

~Juli said...

That is so crazy, I LOVE how Taylor is into all kinds of food. Who got to be on diaper duty after that? :)

Little 'Nemos said...

I agree, how was the diaper the next day:) Oh well you only live once! You go girl!

a said...

That is hysterical!
Taylor has found the good stuff early on -- go girl!
I get to see my nieces Carrie and Anna Sophia in two weeks -- Yippee! It is so jolly, isn't it.