Monday, January 10, 2011

The Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) by Arcade Fire

This week's Theme from the Bottom was Lyrical Photography...interpreting the lyrics of a song through photographs.

So first, listen to the song I chose:


And then, see how I interpreted the lyrics, with the help of my homegirl Mary Claire:

They heard me singing and they told me to stop.
Quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock.
These days my life I feel it has no purpose
But late at night the feelings swim to the surface.
'Cause on the surface, the city lights shine
They're calling at me, come and find your kind
Sometimes I wonder if the world's so small
That we can never get away from the sprawl.
Living in the sprawl
Dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
And there's no end in sight.
I need the darkness, someone please cut the lights.

2 comments:

~Juli said...

You are so creative. Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! I am new to this site and stumbled upon it and love all of your pictures. I always love to find new photographers and pick their brains. ;) Mind if I ask a few camera ?'s?? What is your everyday, go-to lense that you use? What setting do you shoot on and do you use manual focus mainly? Also, what do you suggest for low lighting? Any suggestions on external flashes and accessories?? Thanks for your time and inspiration to us amateurs out there!
Layla