I struggle, in general, with being antisocial. It's not that I'm antisocial, so much, as that I really enjoy my own company. And that of my husband and family. "Bored" is not a word in my vocabulary. There is ALWAYS something that I can be doing. ALWAYS. So I love being in my little home in the woods. Because it is a relaxing retreat, in and of itself. My favorite place to be (especially my bath tub.) It's hard to get motivated to leave my comfortable little bubble.
I think that my "homebodiness" stems from the fact that I was raised on a farm, where we were forced to create our own entertainment. And that's why I appreciate my friends who understand and nurture and support this side of me.
No pressure, no guilt, just "I'll see ya when I see ya."
So when Liz called me and asked me to help her pick out a new pair of frames, I said "YES!" And it was fun.

And, when the frame-pickerse had finished, and she said, "Let's go get a beverage!" I replied, "Can it be alcoholic?" And thus, happy hour and snacks ensued at a great little place called Park Side, where we snacked on pita chips with goat cheese and edamame dip and talked about art and life, and all sorts of easy, interesting things.

So, hooray me, for being spontaneous and social this afternoon. It was wonderful. And I loved every minute of it. Thank you, Liz :)
2 comments:
and I had soo much fun! Thank you for being you! Much Love! -liz
Those are the best days.
Post a Comment