Tuesday, February 1, 2011

many fun things

Brooke & Taylor came to visit us last weekend. Friday night, we had my aunt, uncle, and cousins over for dinner and Jane brought these amazing cupcakes. Yes. They are from dreamcakes bakery. Hm. Hm. Hm.
twenty-eight.  three. six. five
I am still trying to find time to edit all the photos I took over the weekend, still haven't even TOUCHED one shoot in particular, so you can be expecting more adorable photos like this in a few days:
alfafa 2.0
Two favorites from Saturday mornings impromptu shoot:
my beautiful sister
if you walk across my camera...
And then we loaded up and went to the cirucs! Yes! The Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey circus was in town and it was fantastic! This is, literally, the only photo I've edited out of the hundred I took (I'm so glad I smuggled my camera and telephoto lens in in Brooke's diaper bag.)
twenty-nine.  three.six.five
Leyna chose this week's theme: angles. Here's my best angle shot. I laid myself down on the ground to get some photos and Taylor plopped down on my hiney. She thought it was hilarious to use my booty as a chair. So I angled the camera over my shoulder and got this photo:
niece using booty as a chairWe've also been challenging each other to explore and play with sunflare photos. Here are my two best attempts:


So, thanks to Mel, I am attempting a 365 photo project, wherein, I take and share one photo per day. All of these photos will live in the 365 set on my flickr stream, and I may or may not be sharing them here, depending on how the day goes. Yesterday was a crappy day at work, just really really busy and kind of coming off a wonderful weekend with my niece and sister and family just kind of made me a little sad. Oh, and my husband has a cough and is the most pitiful creature in the whole wide world when he's not feeling well. But then I got home, and there was a bunch of crap on the kitchen island and it looked like Dirk had raided some random person's pantry. Oh, no. Our belated Christmas present from his grandmother arrived. And it seems as if she raided her own pantry in order to find "gifts" for us. A collection of hot sauces, spices, and this photo has a few of my favorite items:
thirty-one.  three.six.five.
I had no idea they even MADE White Rain shampoo and conditioner anymore?! She couldn't have sprung for the Suave?! And a can of Jalapenos?! Dirk said, "What about this can of Jalapenos says 'this would make a nice Christmas present for my grandson?'" I told Dirk that his grandmother is turning into the aunt from Christmas Vacation and that we'd better be careful or next January we'll receive her cat that was wrapped pre-Christmas or a green Jello Mold.

4 comments:

Famous Amys said...

Holy cow... Look at my belly. GREAT pics as always, Lib. I can't wait to see the rest. LOVE YOU!

MoCos said...

I am dying laughing. That gift is priceless. She really is aunt Bethany from Christmas Vacation. But the pictures of Taylor and Brooke's belly is so adorable!! Baby is almost here!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE Brooke's preggo shots! Love them!! (Brooke- you are beautiful!)
And my husband was wondering why I was laughing out loud...I had to share the White Rain/Jalapeno post. How funny....and bizzare.

Jess said...

Beautiful pics!! Love the pictures of Brooke and the angle shot! You are right, better watch out for the leaking present next year!! :)