Tonight I'm going to see Keller Williams play at the Workplay Theater. I love him. He's just such a talented musician. It seems as if I missed every one of my favorite bands that would come through town because I was always traveling or on a trip. And then, when I was homebound and started working a desk job, I swear that they all took a year off. But now they're back and I can't wait to boogie and shake it all night. You all realize how important a part music plays in the lives of the Souths, and we like to see at least one quality show per month. There are few things in our lives that compare to the power of music.
So, on to Keller. He plays a oodles of different instruments, looping them together to build a song. And not just instruments, either, whistles, bells, random crap. So yes, very entertaining. Here's a video example:
On my 25th birthday, Dirk managed to snag two front row seats to see him at the Alabama theater.

And then a few years later, Amber and I worked our way to the front row to see him at Zydeco. I almost got in a fight with a dude, but luckily Amber's pretty little so I just used the, "But look at how little my friend is?! She can't see anything!" excuse. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I always have a little friend?
So yeah, pretty excited, and it'll probably be a bit tamer. We'll get there early and secure a table and a waitress to bring us beverages all night, and I'll probably venture around the theater getting photos a few times, and maybe I'll convince DH to push to the front with me for a dance off. We'll see how it goes.
1 comment:
have soooooo much fun! don't think i need to remind you of that! enjoy the show. can't wait to hear & see about it!
Post a Comment