Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WBW will return next week...

In the meantime, I just thought I'd share some photos from our wonderful widespread panic weekend!

There were tornadoes touching down, so they moved Friday night's show to the BJCC, which is connected to the Sheraton. So our friends Tim & Shannon reserved a room there and we ventured downtown to beat the weather.
stormy skies

I love Dirk in this photo, reading the label. I've taught him well.
atrium bar

I debated whether or not to share this photo with the internets, but anybody who knows me will know that I like wine. And these people who know this I would consider close enough to be friends or family. And friends and family don't judge, and you are who I write my blog for. And yes, I brought mini bottles of pinot with me.
little wine

Once we found the room, we did take some jumping pics. Obviously.
jumping dirk


Then we ventured over to the venue, where we secured a section of the floor.
the group on the floor
We danced and frolicked all evening. I met some fun new friends, like this guy. I'm not sure what his name is, but he's apparently hilarious. I call him Rasputin.
rasputin

The next day was spent recovering and sipping mimosas. Then we headed to our pal Conrad's for lunner (lunch-dinner) and some more reunion time with friends from across the country. Here we all are!
group photo
And there was more jumping. Duh.
jumping girls
flying

Then we moved on (again) to Saturday night's venue: Oak Mountain Ampitheater. We fit eight people and a cooler in Dirk's 4Runner. I'm sure it was completely legal. I was in the "trunk" area with Collins and Holly. I wouldn't trade this spot in the car for the world. Oh, the things we thought and talked about! Like Sister Wives. And how it would kind of be nice to have one. She'd take care of the laundry and dishes and you wouldn't even have to pay her!
sister wives

The lot before the show was so much fun! There was more jumping:
libba flies
lot libba

And flipping, too! This is my new favorite Words with Friend. His name is Chip. And he's Happy Happy Happy!
chip in lot
chip and libba
flipping libba

And here's a photo of my favorite show buddy in the whole wide world :)
dirk and libba

And then we got into the show and our seats were AWESOME! We were able to sneak Collins up, too!
collins n libba

The revelry continued into Monday, and now I'm exhausted. Done. Spent. And preparing for a weekend in the wilderness. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Libba had some fun fun fun!
And it's good to see!

What a great fun bunch you have to hang out with!

Word verification:
subersho
HA!!

shannon said...

Great photos of a wonderful weekend. I wish we could have done lunner with you all.