Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sipsey Wilderness Weekend

Okay, so two weeks now of no Way Back Wednesday, but as it turns out, it's been taking me at least two days after the weekend to get my act together to share our weekend adventures and goings-on. Here is a slideshow I compiled with photos and video taken during our weekend in the Sipsey Wilderness:



We made it back to Birmingham on Sunday in time to drop our packs, shower, perform tick checks (one for me, zero for Dirk), and head to Granddaddy's for Easter lunch, thanks to Uncle Mike and Aunt Jane Hodges. It was spectacular, as always.







Now I'm just mentally and physically preparing myself to photograph a wedding on Friday in Georgia. I am secretly very excited, but also nervous, which I know is normal. I mean, it's a lot of pressure, and I am pretty confident that I will kick hiney at it, but there's always some nerves involved. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Ms. Melody said...

Good luck! But I totally know you don't need it. :)

Anonymous said...

I can almost hear the story Dad is telling in the first picture!!!

The Thorson Throwdown said...

Your Easter food looked delicious! You will totally rock the wedding!

MoCos said...

You were a little too calm with the whole tick check thing.. ticks freak me out.. you are really a wilderness girl! You will kick ass at the wedding, you take beautiful pictures! I made a snapfish book out of your beautiful pics, wish I could show it to you!