Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Day in the Country

As much as I love the city of Birmingham with all of it's great outdoor areas, it's always nice to spend a day under wide open skies in the country. On Saturday we loaded up the pooches and headed north to Cullman to visit Dirk's family and to meet his niece, Willa, who was born on the same day as my niece, Taylor. It was seventy degrees and beautiful with the deepest blue sky. I was feeling camera happy, and got a lot of great shots of the dogs, the day, and looking back through them, it brings a smile to my face and a warm, happy feeling to my heart. It's just one of those memories I will take with me when I leave this state some day; laying out in an open field with two of the happiest dogs in the world and my handsome man (I love when Dirk gets a haircut!)Willa is a sweetheart with a perma-smile. I seriously never heard her cry. It was fun to compare the differences and similarities between her and Taylor. And while Taylor is in a different weight class altogether and could crush Willa, Willa has FIVE teeth and could bite the crap out of Taylor.
We threw Piper on the trampoline and bounced her around for awhile. She was less than amused.

1 comment:

Elaine Warner said...

I'm tellin' puppy welfare!